Friday, June 14, 2013

Gordon in the morning: Ripped from the headlines

For reasons I can't quite work out, Gordon Smart reproduces Craig David's keep-fit tips at great length this morning.

At first it seems like he's just chortling:

CRAIG David has tweeted this ripped snap of himself to encourage fans to stick to their goals.

He accompanied it with a lengthy sermon on how the old image – capturing Craig at his physical peak – inspires him to stay focused on his fitness objectives.

The British singer – who recently returned to his Miami home following a world tour – revealed he’s got the pic saved on his phone in a folder called Stay Focused.

Every time he feels tempted to stray from his strict diet and exercise regime, he looks at the photo to put himself back on track.

And he advised his Twitter followers to do the same, whatever their ambitions.
But if this is intended to be snarky - and frankly, how could it not be? - Smart then goes on to reproduce David's waffle at such great length it's almost like he's endorsing it.

Here's a taste:
“I just go to this photo on my phone...under the folder ‘Stay Focused’ which reminds me instantly to get back on track and in this case reminds me how good it feels when I achieve my goal and don't listen to my ‘old inner weakness’ voice trying to remind me of how I used to be! Trust me it works!!!
Just to be clear: the goal he's working towards is fitness, even if it does sound like he's using a photo of himself where perhaps an earlier generation might have reached for a copy of Razzle.

Here's a quick look at that photo of the Prime Of Mr Craig David, to see if it makes the rest of us inspired:


No comments:

Post a Comment

As a general rule, posts will only be deleted if they reek of spam.