Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Will I Am in space

The playback of that Will I Am song from Mars was quite a historic moment. Not the playing of a track from another planet so much as the breaking of the official record for Most Awkward Reactions At A Playback Ever:

I guess if you're wanting to avoid getting something overblown and pompous to capture the dignity of a key moment in mankind's journey beyond gravity, Will I Am is your go-to guy. I don't want to imply this was just a generic song that Mr Am had kicking around which he just lobbed a few space references into, but I'm given to understand there was an awkward moment when NASA asked on delivery why the file was called possible_pokeman_movie_theme.mp3.

Altogether, now, people:

I know that Mars might be far/
but baby it ain't really that far
Er... yes.


2 comments:

Koshinokinsho said...

Worst rhyme since Black Sabbath rhymed "masses" with "masses" in War Pigs (which has irritated me ever since I got Faith No More's cover of it on The Real Thing, which I'd requested for Christmas when I was 14)....

James said...

I've always been annoyed by Kid Rock's "We were trying different things / We were smoking funny things" in All Summer Long. And by Kid Rock in general.

Post a Comment

As a general rule, posts will only be deleted if they reek of spam.