Friday, August 17, 2012

Alanis Morissette isn't that ironic

The Guardian asks Alanis Morissette how she feels being at the heart of comedy 'some of the things in Ironic aren't actually irony' trope:

I wouldn't say [I'm] bored, I would say interested because I love to get to the underbelly of why things bug people so much. People must be very at odds with the idea of being profoundly stupid. I mean, malapropisms; big fucking deal. It's kind of like in traffic when you're yelling at someone for cutting you off and you're cutting someone off too.
Hang about, Alanis, that sounds like one of those things in the song that you describe as ironic but isn't... I fear you might be making the world collapse in on itself.


No comments:

Post a Comment

As a general rule, posts will only be deleted if they reek of spam.