Friday, June 29, 2012

Gordon in the morning: Cole's terror at, er, zero feet

Gordon leads today with a massive splash about Cheryl Cole's flight horror horror shock shock horror:

Cheryl Cole’s storm terror on private jet
The "storm terror"? Er... there was some lightning quite near her plane. Before it took off.
The bad weather was right over the grounded private jet and lightning struck the runway just a few metres from the plane.
Coming tomorrow: Sugababes experience nightmare as captain warns of turbulence and switches the seatbelt sign on.
[Cheryl Cole] said: “We were stuck in the plane and just sitting on the runway and a bright massive flash of light hit outside the aircraft. I said to my friend, ‘That’s lightning’ — then it just didn’t stop.

“I was so scared that I thought, ‘This is it. I’ve got an album to promote and I’ve got so much yet to do!’”
Yes, imagine all the lip-syncing and polite replies to inane questions the world would have missed out on.

Cheryl Cole might have taken comfort in the knowledge that lightning strikes on planes are common, but actual accidents as a result incredibly rare - a commercial plane won't get through a year without being hit by lightning. Instead, she reached deep inside herself:
“But I remembered I’d climbed Kilimanjaro, so took a bit of strength from that.”
Yes. If a lightning strike did manage to knock out the electrical system of my plane, sending it hurtling to the ground, having climbed a mountain is even better than adopting the brace position.


No comments:

Post a Comment

As a general rule, posts will only be deleted if they reek of spam.