Friday, May 25, 2012

Beth Ditto: Above Evans

Beth Ditto, out of the anecdote about eating squirrels, dreams of her own fashion range.

Hang about: hasn't she already done a fashion range? For Evans?

Apparently that doesn't count:

''I wish that there was more control in that line, but there wasn't. It was really fun, but the things that I really wanted couldn't be turned around in time. It was made in India, which caused a lot of conflict for me. I really want to do my own line that's ethically made, and I can do whatever the f**k I want with it."
A lot of conflict, eh? It didn't sound like that at the time. Indeed, she actually did two collections, which suggests something managed to ease all that confliction. In fact, she sounded positively giddy:
Working with Evans the first time round was a dream come true and this time the experience was even better than before. Getting a feel for what people liked and didn’t like and working with the same wonderful team, I learned some new tricks and discovered a confidence in my instincts that carried over into this collection.
[..]
I am grateful to have the chance to design for you again.
Although, clearly, that gratitude was tempered by the turmoil in her heart.


No comments:

Post a Comment

As a general rule, posts will only be deleted if they reek of spam.