Monday, January 16, 2012

Madonna wins a Golden Globe for her Masterpiece

Ooh, naughty Foreign Press Association. Could there be any more backhanded gesture than giving a prize to Madonna's movie WE - but for one of Madge's songs that sits on the soundtrack.

What makes it even worse - by which I mean delicious - is that Madonna is on record as having felt the music work was a distraction from her main role on the movie. She grumbled that doing the song took her focus on crushing the life out of the story:

"[Guy Oseary] harangued me for the entire time I was filming and editing my movie to write a song. And I said, 'Please, Guy, I'm trying to focus on being a director and I want people to pay attention to the film and I don't have time.'"
And here comes the Golden Globes, effectively handing Madonna a prize marked "don't give up the day job".


No comments:

Post a Comment

As a general rule, posts will only be deleted if they reek of spam.