Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Sonic Youth on ice

No, that doesn't mean there's going to be a festive edition of Sonic Youth; just that Lee Renaldo has confirmed that the band are on hold:

"It's not as sudden for me as it's been in terms of the press," Ranaldo told Rolling Stone magazine.
[...]
"I'm feeling optimistic about the future no matter what happens at this point," Ranaldo said. "It was a pretty good tour overall. I mean, there was a little bit of tiptoeing around and some different situations with the travelling – you know, [Kin and Thurston are] not sharing a room any more or anything like that … It remains to be seen at this point what happens. I think they are certainly the last shows for a while and I guess I'd just leave it at that."
Renaldo is going to do some solo work for now. He doesn't have any idea how long this self-employment will last.


No comments:

Post a Comment

As a general rule, posts will only be deleted if they reek of spam.