Monday, November 28, 2011

Fazer works with the dead

Here's an eye-catching claim:

N-Dubz' Fazer is set to work with Phil Collins.

"Everyone will be expecting I'm going to work with Tinie Tempah, Tinchy Stryder and Chipmunk, but I want to do something musically credible that opens me up to different markets.
"I'm going to work with Phil Collins."
To be frank, we'd not really expect Tinie, Tinchy or Chipmunk to be rushing to work with Fazer - why would you trade down like that? But the Collins claim is fascinating.

Given that Phil Collins has retired from music.

So, has Fazer managed to tempt Collins back for one last job? Has Collins been assured by ATOS that working with Fazer isn't actually doing music, and so won't affect hios entitlement to pensions?

Or is it merely that the record label is dumping a bunch of tapes in Fazer's hands and getting him to have a play?

Let's go back to that quote and find out:
"I'm going to work with Phil Collins, The Script, and I'm already doing a remix of Sting's 'Englishman in New York'."
Dumped tapes, then.

Fazer is happy, though:
"I love 80s music. Dappy and I think music now is nowhere near as good as it was back then."
I suppose if you had to spend most of your day listening to N-Dubz over and over again, you might come to that conclusion.


1 comment:

paul wells said...

"I want to do something musically credible........I'm going to work with Phil Collins."
Sounds like the punchline to a bad joke.

Post a Comment

As a general rule, posts will only be deleted if they reek of spam.