Sunday, July 31, 2011

The Kings Of... hold on...

This is probably not the show Kings Of Leon fans were expecting:

[Caleb] Followill warned audience members at a gig in Dallas that he was "about to fall down", before slinking backstage to "vomit" and "drink a beer".

"My voice is completely 100 percent wrong," Caleb can be heard saying in footage posted online. "I'm sorry... Do you know what? I'm going to drink some beer and I'm going to drink some tequila and I'm going to have a good time, and for the record I'm not drunk... I'm just f**king hot."
To be fair, if you're up for a Friday night out in Dallas you're probably used to this sort of thing.

The venue - presumably after sending someone with a mop, and someone else to move the precious things out of his way - decided to call for a reschedule:
Kings of Leon regretfully announce the postponement of tonight's show at The Cynthia Woods Mitchell Pavilion. Caleb Followill suffered from heat exhaustion and dehydration during last night's Dallas performance causing his vocal chords to seize.

The concert has been rescheduled for Sept. 22 at The Pavilion. Tickets for the original date will be honored at this show. If you are unable to attend the new date, refunds are available at point of purchase. Kings of Leon apologizes to their fans for the inconvenience.
I'm not sure "inconvenience" is quite the word.

But still, at least we're all holding the line that he wasn't drunk off his face, but just "dehydrated", right? I'll bet Jared Followill is full of sympathy for his brother. The NME has seen his Twitter feed:
I love our fans so much. I know you guys aren't stupid. I can't lie. There are problems in our band bigger than not drinking enough Gatorade.
Of course, if one of the band said that the claims Caleb was unwell were untrue, people who'd shelled out to get to the gig might expect more than a replacement ticket for their trouble - babysitting fees, transport costs, and so on. Wouldn't you?


No comments:

Post a Comment

As a general rule, posts will only be deleted if they reek of spam.