Monday, February 28, 2011

Don't call me Dave: Kinks with just one brother?

Ray Davies has suggested that, since Dave Davies thinks that a Kinks reunion would be a night of the living dead, he'll get the gang back together without him:

"I can understand what he's trying to say. I think it's a reference to comebacks in general."

He added, "The fortunate thing for me is that I was never a sexy frontman. Dave was always the pretty kid. So maybe he feels that way about himself. But we'll do it without him if we have to. The music is the issue."

Ray also made a sly reference to his guitar-playing sibling's interest in spiritual matters. "I hear Dave's more cosmic than ever. I'm a little more based on planet Earth than certain other members of my family."
... but, hey, he won't rule out playing with Dave if they ever get a booking at Unicorn Gardens.


No comments:

Post a Comment

As a general rule, posts will only be deleted if they reek of spam.