Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Cry, Chris Brown, Cry

During the Black Entertainment Awards - still churning out tributes to Michael Jackson, suprisingly - Chris Brown cried like a baby. He was overcome with emotion remembering Jackson, apparently. And not merely hoping we'd forget how badly he smashed up Rihanna's face that time.

Still, it was an inspired, if cheesy, idea. Lloyd was quick to claim the credit:

“He's back with a vengeance... I think that they're gonna find a place in their heart for him again," he told Rap Up.

"I told him man, you gotta get up there. You gotta cry, you gotta really show your heart to the world.”

That's pretty unequivocal, then: Lloyd told Brown to sob in the hope of putting all that stuff behind him. Right?

Oh... hang on a moment. Here's Lloyd again, a few hours later:
Lloyd said on his website on Tuesday that his comments were taken out of context.

“I consider Chris a friend. He's been through a lot in the past couple years," he wrote.

"I never told him to go on stage and cry. We spoke recently, and I told him as a friend that people hadn't really seen him be vulnerable about his situation last year [with Rihanna]. I thought he was holding back and needed to let that emotion out. Him crying at the BET Awards was real, I could feel it.”

That's clear then - when Lloyd said "I told Brown you gotta cry", journalists have apparently taken this out of context as somehow being Lloyd claiming that he'd told Brown he should cry. I hope that's clear.

By the way, if you've not come across Lloyd before, his actual name is Lloyd Polite Junior - which surely is a much better stage name than just calling yourself Lloyd, isn't it?


2 comments:

Mbop Promotions said...

This contrived rubbish does my head in - Max Clifford's probably skulking in the shadows somewhere too!

Chris Brown said...

I cry every time I remember I have the same name as that chump.

Post a Comment

As a general rule, posts will only be deleted if they reek of spam.