Thursday, November 26, 2009

The Pete my heart skipped

How close the world came to losing Pete Doherty: The cancellation of Irish dates last month turns out to have been after his heart stopped.

"If I hadn't been on a life support machine I'd have been in Ireland," he told NME.COM, speaking of his stay in Swindon's Great Western Hospital. "But my heart stopped."

No, no. What you're thinking, and what I'm thinking, and what the doctors were thinking - apparently not:
"Their [doctors'] immediate thought was that it was to do with drugs but it wasn't," he said. "What happened? Well, I don't know. I don't remember. I was running into the walls, making steering wheel signs with my hands. And then I just… stopped. My body just stopped."

Clearly that wasn't drugs. Imagine if drugs made things like that happen, eh? They wouldn't be allowed to sell them.


No comments:

Post a Comment

As a general rule, posts will only be deleted if they reek of spam.