Thursday, October 15, 2009

Madonna consumes more young flesh

It's not surprising that Madonna is hanging on to Lady GaGa's knickers; for the last half-decade or so Madge has desperately rushed round to stand next to any female artist doing well in the US in a bid to try and (a) suggest she invented her and (b) try and eat some of their young glands:

"I think Lady Gaga is great," Madge says in the new issue of Rolling Stone. "When we saw her, I actually felt a kind of recognition. I thought, 'She's got something.' There's something quirky about her. She's fearless and funny, and when she spoke to the audience, she sounded intelligent and clever. She's unique."

Unique, Madonna? Surely she reminds you of... oooh, somebody:
"I can see myself in Lady Gaga," Madge continued. "In the early part of my career, for sure. When I saw her, she didn't have a lot of money for her production, she's got holes in her fishnets, and there's mistakes everywhere. It was kind of a mess, but I can see that she's got that It factor. It's nice to see that at a raw stage."

She's unique! Just like me!


2 comments:

Olive said...

Much as it pains me to say it, she's right, though, isn't she? Lady ga ga would have to be a bit of a fibber if she said that Madonna wasn't an inspiration.

WE ARE said...

And as much as it pains ME to say it, didn't Madonna have a string of genuinely decent pop singles to back up all the risque sartorial choices? What springs to mind when Lady Gaga is mentioned is not the dancefloor-devastating songs she's penned but the queasy image of her wearing little but leotards and sunglasses. Sadly, something that appears at the top of Madonna's CV these days too.

All fur coat and no knickers, if you will.

Post a Comment

As a general rule, posts will only be deleted if they reek of spam.