Wednesday, July 01, 2009

US turn off TV

TV Smith was meant to be playing the US with Jay Reatard from tonight. But US immgration gas thwarted him - and not because they don't want an old punk in their nation; it's just a paperwork snafu, he says:

I'm sorry to have to report that due to problems with US immigration I'm unable to come over for the tour with Jay Reatard due to start today. Despite having my visa approved, delays at the US embassy in London mean it couldn't be ratified in time. I've had quite a lot of feedback from people looking forward to seeing me, so I'm bitterly disappointed to miss the gigs in Chicago, Detroit, Cleveland and my first ever Canadian gigs in Toronto and Montreal. I hope to come back soon and play for you. The good new is, the way things are looking I'll be seeing the embassy next week and hope to rejoin the tour in Brooklyn on the 2nd July. Keep your fingers crossed...!
Best wishes,
TV

Not quite sure why a US paperwork problem is keeping him out of the Canadian dates, mind.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Perhaps because it's not economical to fly over with all your kit just to do a couple of Canadian club shows?

Simon Hayes Budgen said...

That might make sense - for some reason I'd assumed he was going to pick up the tour when it returned to the US from Canada, but if it was nipping to Canada, and then nipping back to the US for some dates before his paperwork clears you're right, it would be impractical.

Post a Comment

As a general rule, posts will only be deleted if they reek of spam.