Thursday, July 09, 2009

It's not Hole, says Erlandson

Melissa Auf Der Maur is on the new Hole record, and she says it's not a Hole record.

Now, Eric Erlandson says it isn't a Hole record, either. Not just because he isn't on it, but he's got paperwork which proves it can't be:

"We have a contract," Erlandson said in an interview with Spin. "She signed a contract with me when we decided to break up the band, which was like 2002 or something, so I really don't have comment on it except that I know my part in that band. The way I look at it, there is no Hole without me. To put it blunt. Just on a business level."

It's possible that Courtney doesn't remember that contract. Or she found it, and decided Ryan Adams had forged her signature on it. Or, perhaps, she figures that it's a contract which nobody would ever waste their time trying to enforce on the grounds of what restitution would you seek? For Love to have to go and alter the name of the band on everybody's iTunes?


No comments:

Post a Comment

As a general rule, posts will only be deleted if they reek of spam.