Monday, February 23, 2009

INXS deny dumping fortune

Last week, JD Fortune, who had won the job of being the disappointing singer in the pointless continuing INXS, was back living in a car and complaining that he'd been ill-served by the band.

The band, though deny they treated him badly:

INXS creative director and global business strategist Chris Murphy says, "Not only ...

Woah, woah... hold on there. The "creative director and global business strategist" of INXS? God, don't you live in fear of a concept album where he gets a side to himself.

So, what did the 'effectively, selling music is no different to selling squeezy cheese or tyres' guy say, then?
INXS creative director and global business strategist Chris Murphy says, "Not only are we shocked by the claims, even the place the supposed incident was to have taken place is a mystery to the band.

"What annoys me the most after viewing Fortune's interview is the bloody slant he makes toward the founding band members. These guys are the nicest people on this planet, they are not the people he portrays.

"The band have always stated to me that Fortune's services could potentially be contracted again when INXS next tour. In fact he was next on my list to call regarding a very big recording project I am putting together for INXS at present. I guess I have no reason to call him now."

Right next on the list. No, seriously, look at this post-it note: I'd ticked off 'collect laundry', I'd ticked off 'send email to Kylie's people asking if she'd like a go on one of the other guys'; that only left 'call JD with super secret recording mission offer' and 'stairlift copmany - sponsors?' outstanding on the to-do list. Genuinely. Next on the list.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

"he was next on my list to call regarding a very big recording project I am putting together for INXS at present. I guess I have no reason to call him now."

Man alive! I never thought I'd read that in a rock band's press statement. I thought that sort of impotent threat only ever appeared in stroppy rants from customers wanting free stuff. "Alright, don't upgrade me! It's a shame, I was about to sign an exclusive deal to use your airline for all my multinational company's travel needs. But not now! Ha! What? Yes I was. Shut up, I do run a company. Yes I do. It's called Global... Super... British... Air... Craft. Yes, that's it. Well, can I at least keep this pen?"

Post a Comment

As a general rule, posts will only be deleted if they reek of spam.