Thursday, July 31, 2008

Ryan Adams: His response

Having been accused of something or other by Courtney Love - stealing her money from Kurt's hands or something like that - Ryan Adams has maintained a dignified silence so far.

To be fair, he might have been trying to work out exactly what he was supposed to have done before coming back. And now he has done so, in a way that's quite kind to a woman clearly in distress:

these days i find myself working harder than ever at being at my best, overcoming my fears and pushing myself creatively in my every endeavor. my only wish after the work is completed is that it may prove further evidence that no matter how isolated we all may all feel at times, as sad or misrepresented, we are not alone. there's hope for and within each of us.

I've been dealing with the truth that i have at times been a bad example and/or glorified self destructive behavior. this was never intentional, but rather a consequence of leading a public life in plain sight and never expecting any sort of preferential treatment, isolation or protection.

Regardless of varied judgments as to my cultural relevance, i am thankfully alive and exercising my joy in creating. i only hope anyone who hears, reads or sees any of my contributions will permit the work to speak where i cannot.

i've realized and accepted that if people decide to dislike me, they're going to find reasons to justify disliking me. there's nothing i can do about that. that said, it still does pain me to be accused of fictional crimes against innocents or to be implicated in romantic gossip involving the possibly reality-challenged--however unreliable the source or outlandish the accusations. in the end, however, i know that i have never done or even meant anyone any harm.

anyway, the lives of public figures are so much more boring than anyone can imagine. honestly.

and also i like metal. A LOT. (even more than last time).

We're guessing the use of lowercase is to set himself stylistic against Courtney's Caps Lock happy approach.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I can't imagine how anyone can not like his music, but I do agree about the first two paragraphs. Actually, I like the whole thing.

Post a Comment

As a general rule, posts will only be deleted if they reek of spam.