Friday, April 11, 2008

Manson: won't grin, album in purgatory

Whatever happened to that solo Shirley Manson album, you might be wondering? It turns out that the label aren't letting it out dressed like that:

"I've been working on solo material but I don't actually have anything coming out, although I'm working on it. Unfortunately, I'm at a bit of an impasse with my record label.

"I played some of the stuff to them not long ago and they described it as being very noir. At the time, I took the comment as being a huge compliment. That they liked the intensity of my material. But then I realised it wasn't intended as a compliment.

"But I'm 41 - I'm a woman not a kid. I have no interest in making silly pop music and I don't want to wear a silly sexy outfit and sell myself short.

"I'm sure it will all get sorted out in the end. But I do think record companies, in general, have different ideas about how they promote women.

"In the end, it is down to each and every woman to fight to be treated as an individual. I just want to be who I am."

These things are so much easier if you just put on a bloody catsuit and do the duet with Justin Timberlake, Shirely.

Bravely, Warners refused to comment on the story to the Daily Record.


1 comment:

M.C. Glammer said...

Then again, she did tell some rock journalists she'd had a really tough childhood, forcing her parents to do an Edinburgh Evening News denial interview complete with pics of a happy young Shirley in her ballet tutu. So maybe her stuff's just pish.

Post a Comment

As a general rule, posts will only be deleted if they reek of spam.