Monday, July 23, 2007

Kelly Clarkson recants

Perhaps it must have been mouth herpes, but something made dumper-edge-dweller Kelly Clarkson suddenly feel the urge to clarify (i.e. withdraw completely and pretend she meant the opposite) remarks she made about label head (i.e. her boss) Clive Davis:

"I want to set the record straight on this by saying that I want my band, my advisors [sic], those close to me and my record label to be one big, tightly knit family. Like any family we will disagree and argue sometimes but, in the end, it's respect and admiration that will keep us together."

"Contrary to recent characterizations in the press, I'm well aware that Clive is one of the great record men of all time."

Respect and admiration will keep you together. And, of course, the creeping realisation that it's merely the support of the record label which is keeping you aloft.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

the "remarks" kelly supposedly said are whithout doubt,unfounded & stupid.Why would a record label dump a singer just because of a change of style?she is one of the most talented female singers in the buisness at the moment & will remain to be for a long time to come.people really should think before making stuff up!.

Post a Comment

As a general rule, posts will only be deleted if they reek of spam.